In today’s corrections environment, foodservice is becoming increasingly complicated. There are growing expectations and regulations regarding ethnic/religious options and the nutritional quality of food served to inmates, while at the same time there is pressure to do more with smaller budgets.
Automation is the right answer to these challenges and MealSuite provides the nutritional and cost controls you need to succeed. The single-unit system is fine for stand-alone facilities while multi-site regional and state operations will benefit from MealSuite Enterprise which allows development of standardized recipes and menus that can be published out to units to ensure consistency of quality, cost and nutrition.
Create and manage your menus with ease! MealSuite Enterprise provides a complete menu development and management solution to allow required flexibility at the unit level while maintaining corporate-level quality, price and nutrition controls. Facilities can tie in their inmate’s specific dietary and cultural needs with what is served, print a wide range of production reports and manage their local inventory.
The system includes 1,000+ HACCP-ready recipes to help expedite your menu creation. From cycle menus, to menus for holidays, snacks, and even emergencies, your operation is well supported.
- Standardize the quality and cost of foodservice across all of your facilities.
- Price your menus by downloading your vendor’s price catalogues.
- Provide your facilities with local flexibility by adding the Matrix Builder module, or lockdown changes to enforce compliance.
- Link your recipes to your locked vendor order guides to enforce purchasing compliance.
Calculate the cost of your corporate menus and recipes based on pricing from multiple vendors, including your primary supplier(s). MealSuite Enterprise maintains up-to-date pricing by allowing you to download your food distributor’s price guides. This ensures you come in on budget and achieve the lowest possible cost per portion.
- Reduce your food cost by costing and scaling your recipes and menus.
- Calculate the portion cost of your menu and/or recipes easily.
- Manage your budget using reports showing daily cost per menu, weekly average cost and overall average menu costs.
- Build menus keeping costs in mind, easily predetermining which recipes fall within ideal budget range.
MealSuite Enterprise includes a recipe database with 1,000+ recipes created by registered dietitians. Right from day one, you can start using thousands of HACCP-ready recipes either directly or modified to make them uniquely yours. Recipes are flagged with allergens which ensures your facilities prepare and serve the right food to the right people.
- Cost and nutritionally analyze your recipes on-screen to meet your goals.
- Create recipes with 3,600+ ingredients and prepared foods that have been nutritionally linked to USDA nutritional data.
- Create corporate-level recipes that your facilities can scale to any yield they need to support standardization and reduced waste.
- Publish your recipes to units where they can print nutrition facts labels and other nutrition reports.
- Create different recipe groups to support different cultural and religious needs.
MealSuite offers various solutions for your facilities including MenuCenter for quick, easy deployment with minimal overhead at the facility level to the full MealSuite system if your operation is more complex and you need to track data for individual inmates.
Regardless of the solution you deploy, facilities will streamline their production and reduce food waste by forecasting menus and scaling. Your sites can create customized reports including yield specific recipes, checklists, temperature checks and more. With the more advanced level systems, facilities can run inventories and generate purchasing requirements.
Save your facilities significant time and simplify their inventory processes with ThreeSquares MealSuite. Your facilities can integrate their food vendor pricing with the products in their storage locations to quickly and accurately calculate and report the value of their inventory. Reporting options include up-to-date inventory valuation, analysis of inventory by GL/accounting code and more.
- Manage multiple storage locations.
- Enter inventory quickly and easily.
- Manage real-time perpetual inventory so units always know what is available.
- Support either physical or perpetual inventory.
- Drive purchasing compliance and maximize rebates.
- Facilities may generate and send purchase orders to their vendor(s).
- If facilities are doing perpetual inventory, they can receive orders into the system.
If your facilities need to track individual information for inmates, we've got your covered with MealSuite Pro. Facilities can download your corporate-level recipes and menus and then deliver appropriate food to each inmate based on factors like dietary and texture requirements, preferences and needs based on religious and cultural food requirements.
- Produce the right food for the right people, limiting special diets and foods to only those inmates who require them.
- Account for allergies and cultural needs.
- Print tray tickets or tray cards to provide serving staff with details on each person’s needs.
- Create labels for personalized items served in addition to meals.
"MealSuite gives our company the capability of delivering restaurant style dining and continually changing monthly menus to our residents. The extensive recipe database keeps our resident excited about all the new menu creations."
Tim Travis, Corporate Chef
"For 16 years, we have enjoyed using MealSuite in our dining operations. It is amazing how quickly our staff has learned to use MealSuite. As always, the Support Team has done a great job of helping us along the way."
Shirley Smith, RD/LD
"Mealsuite is a way to stay on top of all necessary tracking and monitoring areas of high priority in the safety aspect of our field of business. Also the excellent cost control and inventory part of MealSuite is remarkable."
Allen B. Alvarado, Executive Chef
"MealSuite gives you the ability to create and cost menus and recipes, forecast and assign production areas, manage resident profiles and meal delivery areas, generate food orders, and track inventory all in one place without having to use multiple forms or programs. "
Jeremy Williams, Sr. Executive Chef, MD
Contact us to schedule your personal demo