Across colleges and universities today, students' expectations of foodservice is growing increasingly complex. They are better educated and aware of healthy eating habits and consequently expect nutrition data that supports their nutritional goals and expectations. Against this backdrop, foodservice departments are having to deliver higher level services often with less staff and lower budgets. MealSuite was designed with these challenges in mind and is well-equipped to help educational institutions of all sizes succeed.
Create and manage your menus with ease! Whether your campus has one main dining facility or multiple dining venues MealSuite provides a complete menu development and management solution to ensure your students receive nutritionally sound meals that meet their expectations while also staying within your budget.
You can create your own menus, or you can utilize one of one of the existing menus that are created, reviewed and approved by the MealSuite team of dietitians. The system includes 1,000+ HACCP-ready recipes to help expedite menu creation. From cycle menus, to menus for holidays, snacks, and even emergencies, your operation is well supported.
- Keep your costs within budget by costing your recipes and menus in advance of service.
- Create menus for multiple venues including fast food, grab-and-go, cafeteria and table dining.
- Analyze costs and nutritional data in real-time as you create or edit your menus.
- Use MealSuite Touch to publish your menus electronically on menu boards and websites.
Calculate the cost of your menus and recipes based on pricing from multiple vendors, including your primary supplier(s). MealSuite allows you to download order guides so you can maintain up-to-date pricing and ensure you come in on budget.
- Reduce your food cost by costing your menus and recipes.
- Calculate the portion cost of your menu and/or recipes easily.
- Utilize tools that help manage your budget, such as reports showing daily cost per menu, weekly average cost and overall average menu costs.
- Build menus keeping cost in mind, easily predetermining which recipes fall within ideal budget range.
MealSuite includes a recipe database with 1,000+ recipes created by our registered dietitians. Right from day one, you can start using these HACCP-ready recipes either directly or edited to make them uniquely yours. Recipes are flagged with allergens so you can communicate this data to your students.
- Scale and print recipes to any yield to support standardization while reducing food waste and cost.
- Cost recipes on-screen as you edit them to engineer the right portion cost.
- Create recipes with 3,600+ ingredients and prepared foods that have been nutritionally linked to USDA nutritional data.
- Nutritionally analyze your recipes on-screen.
- Print a variety of reports, including nutrition facts labels.
Streamline production and reduce waste by forecasting your menus and scaling your recipes before preparing your meals. Create customized reports including yield specific recipes, checklists, temperature checks and more.
- Reduce food cost by forecasting and producing only what you need.
- Forecast future meals and generate your ordering requirements.
- Print a variety of reports based on current feeding habits.
- Support HACCP controls in your kitchens.
- Add MealSuiteTouch to view production and recipe information on touch screens in your kitchen so you can eliminate paper altogether.
Save time and simplify your inventory process with MealSuite. Integrate your food vendor pricing with the products in your storage locations to quickly and accurately calculate the value of your inventory. Reporting options include up-to-date inventory valuation, analysis of inventory by GL/accounting code and more.
- Limit your on-hand inventory with automated controls.
- Manage multiple storage locations.
- Enter your inventory quickly and easily.
- Support either physical or perpetual inventory.
- Manage real-time perpetual inventory so you always know what is available.
- Generate purchase orders for vendors based on your production needs.
Plan and manage your foodservice operation more professionally and efficiently with MealSuiteTouch. Say goodbye to printed menus as the system instantly reflects your menu on touch screen displays in your dining rooms and your school’s website. Access electronic recipes at scale and production reports on touch screens in the kitchen, eliminating the need for paper recipes and binders if desired.
- Go green! Use less paper and save on paper costs with digital menu boards.
- Use any tablet to quickly access production data.
- Show menus on touch screen boards where students can tap items and see popup nutrition, allergen and ingredient lists.
- Drive the menu and nutrition data to your website.
"MealSuite gives our company the capability of delivering restaurant style dining and continually changing monthly menus to our residents. The extensive recipe database keeps our resident excited about all the new menu creations."
Tim Travis, Corporate Chef
"For 16 years, we have enjoyed using MealSuite in our dining operations. It is amazing how quickly our staff has learned to use MealSuite. As always, the Support Team has done a great job of helping us along the way."
Shirley Smith, RD/LD
"Mealsuite is a way to stay on top of all necessary tracking and monitoring areas of high priority in the safety aspect of our field of business. Also the excellent cost control and inventory part of MealSuite is remarkable."
Allen B. Alvarado, Executive Chef
"MealSuite gives you the ability to create and cost menus and recipes, forecast and assign production areas, manage resident profiles and meal delivery areas, generate food orders, and track inventory all in one place without having to use multiple forms or programs. "
Jeremy Williams, Sr. Executive Chef, MD
Contact us to schedule your personal demo